- Future Students
- Student Resources
- About Us
Hospitality and Tourism Management
Founded in 1985, the Hospitality and Tourism Management Program (HTM) at UNT is one of the largest and best-known hospitality and tourism programs in the U.S. In addition, the University of North Texas is ranked among the nation’s 115 top-tier research universities, according to the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Our vision is “To be a global leader in advancing education, creating knowledge, and shaping the hospitality and tourism professionals of the future.” The HTM program seeks to provide our future industry leaders a solid academic foundation combined with extensive training in hospitality business skills, use of technology, and networking with industry professionals. As a testament to our mission-driven commitment to academic excellence, we have earned numerous accolades for our HTM programs and initiatives.
What we offer
We give you a solid academic education combined with extensive training in hospitality business skills, using the most up to date technology. Our curriculum provides:
- A strong emphasis on managerial leadership.
- A combination of theory-based and practical outlooks on core management competencies.
- Unique, hands-on hospitality and management teaching laboratories.
- Leadership and management skills, honed through research, case studies and group projects.
- Excellent internships and job placement prospects in the region and beyond.
- Opportunities to develop understanding of economic, political, socio-cultural, technological, and sustainability dimensions of global hospitality industry through study abroad and exchange programs.
The vision of the UNT Hospitality and Tourism Management program is to be a global leader in advancing education, creating knowledge, and shaping the hospitality and tourism professionals of the future.
The mission of the UNT Hospitality and Tourism Management program is to educate students for leadership in the global hospitality and tourism industries and to advance the profession through excellence in teaching, research, and service.
Why hire UNT students?
Why our alumni come back to hire UNT Students?
Why students love UNT HTM career expo?
- About Us