- Future Students
- Student Resources
Hospitality Management International Sustainable Tourism (MIST) Merchandising
Graduate Certificate in Digital Retail MerchandisingGraduate Certificate in Event ManagementGraduate Certificate in Hospitality Management
Apply to the Merchandising Program
Applicants must meet the requirements for admission to the Toulouse Graduate School and the Merchandising program.
- The requirements for admission to the Toulouse Graduate School include a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and an expected 3.00 GPA in the undergraduate degree. Contact the MDR Graduate Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about a GPA below 3.0.
- Go to UNT Graduate Admissions for detailed admission requirements from UNT
- GMAT/GRE scores are NOT required at this point due to delays caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Application Priority Dates:
- We accept applications for Fall, Spring or Summer start dates. Priority dates are below
- Complete the Apply Texas application with the application fee ($75 non-refundable) paid. Select “Merchandising, MS” as your major.
- You will receive an email in 1-2 business days to provide you access to your UNT student portal.
- Login to your UNT student portal to check and complete your to-do list.
- English Proficiency for International
International Students should refer to UNT International Admissions for application deadlines, English Proficiency requirements, and details for submitting transcripts.
- Department required documents: Submit the following documents to the department via email (email@example.com)
- Contact information of three references
Provide your references’ affiliation, relationship to you, and contact details in a Word document. Letter is not required. Your references may be contacted if needed.
These three individuals should not be related to you. Current or former employers or faculty are preferred. Please ask them ahead of time if they are willing to serve as your references.
- Statement of Purpose
This is the applicant's opportunity to address why they are seeking to obtain the graduate degree. In this statement, the applicant is asked to provide the following. Your statement of purpose should not exceed 2 pages, with 1" margins and a 12-point font.Name:
UNT ID if known:
Year start date:
Then specifically address the following:
- Identify and describe your undergraduate degree. Provide an overview of primary content and any specializations, minors or certificates you also earned.
- Describe your prior and/or current work experience; specifically, work experience related to retail merchandising or other similar positions - including paid or unpaid internships.
- Describe any unpaid, volunteer or service work that is related to the degree you are seeking.
- Identify scholarships, awards or recognitions earned, especially ones related to your educational or professional career.
- Identify your professional goals. How will the graduate degree help you achieve these goals?
- Is your primary objective to work in a professional business or entrepreneur position or is to pursue a position in higher education (community college or four-year institution)?
- Provide any additional information you would like to share for the application review.
- Wait for the holistic review and decision! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.