Deadline: February 1
What you need to know:
CMHT offers a variety of general competitive scholarships. Some are open to all students in the College. Others are for students in specific majors. Applicants will be considered for all College-wide competitive scholarships for which they qualify. University scholarships are also available through the UNT Scholarship Office: http://financialaid.unt.edu/scholarships/apply-scholarships
Submit online application
* Before you start the application, you will need the email addresses of two individuals who are not related to you and who are willing to provide a reference for you (faculty members, former teachers, community leaders, or employers). Please ask them ahead of time if they are willing to provide a reference for you. If they are willing, you will only need one email address from each individual. During the application, you will enter their email address. The Scholarship System will send a link to a form to the individual.
Email - Resume & Essay
A professional-looking resumé will be in PDF format and will include work experience, educational background, academic honors and recognition received, community activities such as volunteer work, leadership roles in organizations and community projects, school activities and other extra-curricular activities. At the end of the application, you will receive an email with a link for submitting your resume and essay.
The essay will be in PDF format, a maximum of 2 pages, and will include headings in the essay for each bolded section below and address the following statements or questions.
• Career Goals: Describe your career goals as they relate to your education. Give any other information you think would be helpful in considering your application. For example, where do you see your career 2-3 years after graduation?
• Activities and Work: Describe your involvement in activities and work that demonstrate the scope of your experiences.
• Importance of Scholarship: Why is this scholarship important to you?
Official transcripts are required; email directly to CMHTScholarship@unt.edu from the provider of the transcript.
Required for first semester freshmen or students with fewer than 20 hours credit: Official high school transcript; the transcript must contain an SAT or ACT score and class rank. College students must submit transcripts showing grades through the end of the semester preceding the application deadline.
Required for undergraduate students: Official transcripts of all college work completed. College students must submit transcripts showing grades through the end of the semester preceding the application deadline.
Required for graduate students: Official undergraduate transcripts and official UNT graduate transcripts. College students must submit transcripts showing grades through the end of the semester preceding the application deadline. New M.S. applicants may send an email to CMHTScholarship@unt.edu to request that the transcripts they submitted with their application to graduate school be copied to the Scholarship Committee.
To keep a scholarship, ONE MUST MAINTAIN:
Phone: (940) 565-2436
* Please include your scholarship application identification number in subject heading when emailing or when calling.
The college of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism has excellent industry support for students through significant endowments and scholarships. The College’s high profile has resulted in major gifts from companies such as Ben E. Keith, Marriott, J.C. Penney, Nordstrom, Fossil, and many others. Scholarship endowments exceed $1,000,000.
Scholarship awards are based on academic performance, career goals, letters of recommendation, and extra-curricular involvement. A scholarship reception is help each April to celebrate the accomplishments of award recipients with faculty, and industry donors.
Important Scholarship Facts: A scholarship of $1,000 will waive out-of-state tuition for international students and out-of-state students for the academic year.