The College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism has excellent industry support for students through significant endowments and scholarships. The College's high profile has resulted in major gifts from companies such as Ben E. Keith, Marriott, J.C. Penney, Nordstrom, Fossil, and many others. Scholarship endowments exceed $1,000,000.
Scholarship awards are based on academic performance, career goals, letters of recommendation, and extra-curricular involvement. A scholarship reception is held each April to celebrate the accomplishments of award recipients with faculty, parents, and industry donors.
Deadline: Feb 1
To receive an CMHT scholarship, one must maintain:
- 3.0 cumulative GPA and a 3.0 GPA each semester;
- Status as an CMHT major at UNT, taking required courses on degree plan and enrolling in the number of required courses at UNT(see scholarship application for details);
- Full-time student status (i.e. 12-15 credit hours for undergraduate students and 9 hours for graduate students).
Important Scholarship Facts:
- A scholarship of $1,000 will waive out-of state tuition for international students and out-of-state students for the academic year.
- Failure to fulfill scholarship requirements will result in revocation of scholarship funds.
- Eligible recipients may be supported no longer than 4 years for BS degree or 2 years for MS degree.
- The submission of a scholarship application does not automatically guarantee a scholarship. The awards are competitive and based on availability of funds.
CLICK HERE to apply for UNT scholarship