- Future Students
- Student Resources
- About Us
- About Us
MIST - Program Objectives & Market Skills
Program Learning Objectives
Upon graduating with a Master of Science in International Sustainable Tourism, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate, apply, and assess knowledge of theoretical constructs pertaining to international sustainable tourism.
- Demonstrate the principles of critical thinking and decision-making when evaluating complex issues within international sustainable tourism.
- Identify operational and policy aspects of international sustainable tourism.
- Apply the processes involved in international sustainable tourism research.
- Demonstrate professionalism, communication, and leadership skills needed for (1) operations or policy positions in international sustainable tourism, and/or (2) advancement toward a terminal degree.
Marketable Skills for MS in International Sustainable Tourism
- Understanding of sustainable tourism development
- Application of appropriate research methods
- Research presentation
- Governmental strategic planning
- Best practice identification and facilitation